Difference Between Food Chain And Food Web (Explain with comparison)admin
Difference Between Food Chain And Food Web (Explain with comparison)
Here is difference between food chain and food web explained with comparison. Food web and food chain are different from each other. Food web is difference in complex network of feeding relations interconnected with different animals. While food chain is only single pathway of one animal at a time.
Food chain shows a single pathway how animals eat each other.
While Food web shows different pathways how different plants and animals are interconnected with each other.
It is single pathway of energy followed by as animals find food. In an ecosystem, food chain show the flow of energy and nutrients from one to another organism. Plants and animals always require some kind of food to survive. Like plants produce their own food with sunlight so they are called producers. Animals and human cannot produce their own food so they are called consumers. Food chain length depends upon number of organisms. A food chain also shows the relation between organisms, as how they are connected with each other with the food they eat. It starts from producer organism like plants, tress or grass but end at consumer species like loins or sharks; or decomposer species such as fungi or bacteria.
- THE SUN provides food for GRASS.
- GRASSHOPPER eats the GRASS.
- The mice eats GRASSHOPPER.
- Snake eats the mice.
- The eagle eats the snake.
- Now, when the eagle is dead, fungi break down body then turn into nutrients.
- Nutrients along with water, air and sun, cause the grass to grow.
Food chain is only single pathway of one animal at a time.
Food web or food cycle is the association between food chains and which species eats which food to survive in an ecological system. Food web is also called consumer-asset system. Most organisms in food web have different populaces of producer species which are eaten by any number of consumer organisms. Food web shows different pathways how different plants and animals are interconnected with each other. For Example, the sea duck is a consumer and decomposer. In food web, producer species are eaten by various consumers, and most consumers ahead are eaten by in excess of one predator.
- A benthic invertebrate eats phytoplankton.
- A sea duck or a wading bird can eat benthic invertebrate.
- Eagle also eats mice and grasshoppers , and so on.
Most life forms are a piece of a few food chains. A food web begins with the producer species in ecosystem and after that branches off into interconnected food chains that show who eats whom in ecosystem.
Difference Between Food Chain And Food Web (comparison)
[table id=25 /]
Ecosystem Geography: From Ecoregions to Sites
Food web questions
- How do animals get their food?
- Food web definition for kids
- Food web definition for kids
- How do consumers get energy?
- Food chains vs food webs
- Food web in a sentence
- Web producers
- List of secondary consumers
- Food chain definition science
- What travels through a food chain or web?
- How many food chains make up the food web?
- Food chains facts
- Food pyramid facts
- Why are producers so important to an ecosystem?
- Example of food chain
- Food web meaning
- Food pyramid explanation
- What are animals called that feed on herbivores?
- Chesapeake bay food web
- What does producer mean in science?
In the above book you will get answers of all these question.